Being a wedding planner can be hugely stressful; this professional is in charge of planning, overall communication, execution, and every single other small detail. Taking an online wedding planning course can help participants gain the skills necessary to succeed in this business. There are many online sources that can help interested individuals earn essential knowledge, without requiring mandatory on-campus time.
• This site offers two certification courses for participants to earn: Certified Wedding Specialist and Certified Wedding Planner.
• The Certified Wedding Specialist program is comprised of 18 courses. Topics will cover wedding invitations, time, developing wedding expertise, directing different types of weddings, receptions, wedding fashions, business forms and contracts, bridal registry, and personal public relations. Pricing depends on whether students wish to pay in full or pay as they go. After successfully completing all the courses, students will receive a Certified Wedding Specialist certificate.
• This program is designed for individuals who already have a career as a wedding planner, but would like to build on already learned skills. The requirements complete this course are: at least two years of wedding planning experience, have planned a minimum of 10 weddings, provide quality references from three brides and three vendors, and correctly answer five essay responses. If a participant meets this exact criteria, they will be awarded a certified Wedding Planner certificate. However, if an individual doesn’t meet these exact requirements, you will not be awarded a certificate. Weddings Beautiful is very specific about this fact. For wedding planners in the US, pricing will be $295, and $495 for international planners.
The New York Institute of Art and Design
• The NY Institute of Art and Design offers a Wedding Planning course developed by Xochitl Gonzalez, who owns an event design and wedding planning business in New York City. This course is certified by the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).
• Topics discussed in this program include finding clients, working with vendors, creating menus and guests lists, and creating contracts, among other subjects.
• After enrolling in this program, students will learn through lesson books, CDs and DVDs, and the NYIAD Virtual Internship. Students will also be able to speak with a personal student advisor via email or phone at any point during the course. Pricing depends on how the student wishes to pay for the program. After completing all course material, students will receive the NYIAD Certificate in wedding planning, along with discounted membership to ABC.
Other sites, such as Approved Colleges (AC), offer various single courses from which interested individuals can choose. On AC, students can choose from a Wedding Consultant course, Start Your Own Wedding Consultant Business, Event Planning and Management, and Start Your Own Event Planning Business. The benefit of these kind of courses are that students can choose which courses best fit their needs, instead of enrolling in a huge program.
Whether you are already a wedding planner, or you are searching for information and ways to enter this field, earning this type of certification would be very beneficial. These are only a sample from which students can choose; there are a multitude of resources available to those who wish to enroll in a wedding planning course or program.